Proposal for Ruby

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:37:06 -0600
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Hi everyone,

I had the action item to propose a solution for Ruby issue we have with global rules.
<http://www.w3.org/2006/09/20-i18nits-minutes.html#action09>
Here it is:

--- Summary of the problem:

Both the selector and the rbPointer attributes are described as selecting the ruby base text.
(See http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#ruby-implementation)

--- Proposed solution:

We remove the rbPointer attribute. It is currently optional and since its function is currently also implemented with the selector
attribute the implementation does not really change (except that we eliminate a potential conflict). Current example would be still
fine. This would be a bug fix not a substantive change.

The people who attended Today's teleconference were in agreement with this change. If there is no dissent by Monday (Sep-25,
15:00GMT) the editors will make the change.