Proposal 07

From: Sebastian Rahtz <Sebastian.Rahtz@oucs.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:15:41 +0000
To: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
CC: public-i18n-its@w3.org

This is very sinple. It says

************
proposal-07: add to the precedence rules a rule for "Selections
inherited from other local usages of ITS markup"
************

If we support mapping of existing attributes to data categories,
we have to decide what happens if an ITS attribute and a mapped
attribute are both supplied. So if we did have a translate mapping,
we may encounter:

and we need to know which is which.

I suggest that specific ITS attributes on an element have
the highest precedence. So the example above would get the "no"
value for translate.
--
Sebastian Rahtz

*Open Source and Sustainability*