Re: Proposal 07

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> This is very sinple. It says
>
> ************
> proposal-07: add to the precedence rules a rule for "Selections
> inherited from other local usages of ITS markup"
> ************
>
> If we support mapping of existing attributes to data categories,
> we have to decide what happens if an ITS attribute and a mapped
> attribute are both supplied. So if we did have a translate mapping,
> we may encounter:

> and we need to know which is which.
>
> I suggest that specific ITS attributes on an element have
> the highest precedence. So the example above would get the "no"
> value for translate.

Is this necessary only for the enumerated values? So, if we give up
translateMap and dirMap, do we still need this? Maybe yes ... for cases like

ref="anotherUri">motherboard</qterm>.</p>

To be able to say "@its:termRef wins, compared to @ref".

I would propose the same precedence order as Sebastian stated.

- Felix