Re: DocBook and ITS

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Because you have to declarace ITS namespace twice and attributes have to
> be prefixed, even if elements are not (thanks to default namespace).

ok, understood. it's not ideal.

> What is more important, is that current proposal doesn't allow to use
> attributes like its:translate on rule elements in the same way as on
> arbitrary other elements. I mean that you can't use ITS to annotate
> itself. (Other question is, whether this could be useful for something.)

that's an interesting argument. I think I might start being convinced.

 "@its:translate" means "translateability of my parent element"

 "@translate" means "a translateabilty record I intend to take elsewhere"

So I think you are right; not on grounds of verbosity or elegance,
but because the syntax is _slightly_ different.

--
Sebastian Rahtz

*Open Source and Sustainability*
10-12 April 2006, Oxford