Re: Default attributes

Hi Yves,

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 07:50:13 +0900, Yves Savourel
<ysavourel@translate.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I run into an example with some default attributes in my ITS processor
> tests and it occurred to me that we never talked abou them.
>
> I assume the following:
>
> When attributes are generated automatically from the DTD:
>
> - They should participate to the selection (e.g. if a DITA DTD has a set
> translate="yes")
>
> - If the selector include them as transltable, then I'm not sure what we
> should do? Treat them as translatable or treat them as
> read-only?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by read-only. But my proposal
would be to say:

- if there is a default attribute for a data category(e.g.
dita:translate="yes" ), it should be included in the mapping.
- other default attributes should be selected if their "realized"
counterparts are selected as well.

> This is a bit off-topic since ITS simply points to the attributes, but I
> wonder if we should not have some text somewhere
> about i18n/localizability and default attributes.

Good idea. How about having a "health warning" subsection or note e.g. in
sec. 3. "Selection of ITS information" or sec. 3.5 "Mapping of ITS Data
Categories to Existing Markup" which describes the problem and our
solution suggestion.

Cheers,

Felix