Term identification

From: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:26:29 -0700
To: <public-i18n-its@w3.org>

Thanks Tim for all the comments.
I'll start a few thread from your notes:

> From Tim's comments on Requirements for localisable DTD design:
>
> 2.18 Term identification
> Yep, this is good : who decides what a Term is though ? This
> sounds like a bit of repetition though - wasn't

I would see this mechanism used different ways:
- By authors, through their authoring tool interface, to select terms they know
should be treated as such. - By terminology tools that do term extraction or
translation tools that use a list of known terms.

One note: LISA, who is maintaining TBX (TermBase eXchange format), is working on
TBK-Link, a light-weight tag set that helps linking terms in the document to a
TBX store. I think TBX-Link will be available for review soon. Andrzej is
actually one of the editors.

-ys