Date Format Q&A

From: Lloyd Honomichl <lloyd@honomichl.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:06:58 -0600
To: public-i18n-geo@w3.org
I've done a fair bit of reorganizing and expansion based on comments.
Also the title of the page was "Non-English Tag" which I've changed.

I've attached the file to this email, and its also at
www.honomichl.com/qa-date-format.html

I've also created a code sample for Java.  Still working on ASP.  I
suppose we'll need to reformat these quite a bit.

Martin: You made some comments in our last call about the problems that
a <DATE> tag would present.  Can you write a sentence or two for me to
include about that?

Anyone: Any more pros/cons we should add?

Anyone: Volunteers to write a Perl example?  Or are there other
languages we should provide examples for?

Anyone:  My browser drops the opening brace and the E in the Perl
example.  I  get:

Use $ENVHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAG} to ....

and in the ASP section I get:

Use Request.ServerVariablesHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAG) to get ...

Why does this happen?

Thanks