[css3-text] New Working Draft

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 19:36:44 -0700
To: 'WWW International' <www-international@w3.org>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, indic <public-i18n-indic@w3.org>, CJK discussion <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Yesterday the W3C published an updated copy of the CSS Text Level 3
specification as a Working Draft. This defines many typographic
features that will soon make their way into a Web browser near you!
   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/

This module covers, among other things,
   * White space processing
   * Line breaking
   * Justification
   * Text decoration

The latest revision in particular attempts to classify the scripts
in Unicode according to their typographic behavior. Unfortunately
while I am familiar with more scripts than the average person, I am
unfamiliar with most of them. Any suggestions for corrections and
additions would be thus much appreciated.
   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#script-categorization

The module is derived from some early CSS Internationalization drafts,
and one of its primary goals is to provide key features needed to
correctly typeset languages from around the world. We welcome your
comments and questions on the draft. Input from the Indic, Southeast
Asian, and Arabic script communities so far has been noticeably missing
and would be especially appreciated.

The best way to send feedback is to post to the archived mailing list
www-style@w3.org: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/
with '[css3-text]' and a summary of your comment in the subject line.

For those of you who want to follow the latest-latest modifications,
the unofficial editor's draft is here:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/

Thanks~

~fantasai