Re: Unicode normalization in CSS

Leif Halvard Silli, Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:57:04 +0200:
> Leif Halvard Silli, Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:03:03 +0200:
>> Daniel Glazman, Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:23:14 +0200:
>>> Le 11/04/11 16:11, Leif Halvard Silli a écrit :
>
>> Fantasai said she was in lack of conclusion. Since she is a spec
>> editor, I offer the conclusion that we could document the issues. And
>> by, "issues", I mean summarize/list the affected letters. And also to
>> describe *when* it is likely to be an issue, such as when linking to
>> files - which for instance affect a:visited{}.
>
> There is a file at www.UNICODE.org which I believe lists the affected
> characters. [1] Expressing the essence of that list, in light of CSS,
> with some humanly readable words, would be a good start. (And perhaps
> creating a tool by which the author can check if his/her letters are
> affected.)

  [...]

> [1] http://unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/DerivedNormalizationProps.txt

I should have pointed to the Normalization Charts instead:
http://unicode.org/charts/normalization

"The Normalization Charts provide charts of the characters in Unicode
that differ from at least one of their normalization forms (C, D, KC,
KD)."
--
leif halvard silli