CSS WG request to I18N WG about Unicode Normalization in CSS 3 Namespaces

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 14:57:18 +0200
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
CC: public-i18n-core@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
Leif,

We're still at odds about this issue, and it blocks moving CSS 3
Namespaces to the next stage along the REC track.

Could the I18N Working Group, and that's an official request from
the CSS WG here, please tell us exactly what we should add to the
spec wrt Unicode normalization? I respectfully suggest you write
the prose for us, given the complexity of the issue. Of course,
your answer will go through our WG and in particular browser
implementors, since this has potential huge impacts on performance.

It seems to me the best summary of open options was a message
by David Baron [1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/mid/20090206225832.GA868@pickering.dbaron.org

Thanks.

</Daniel>