From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:22:28 -0000
To: "'Mark Davis'" <mark@macchiato.com>
Cc: <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Hmm.  That's a definition I came to as a result of discussion with Martin.  The definition in the IRI spec is " An IRI is a sequence of characters from the Universal Character Set (Unicode/ISO 10646)."

What did you have in mind (bearing in mind the audience of this document is " content authors, Web project managers, and general users who want to get a basic overview, without getting bogged down in gory technical details, of what happens behind the scenes when they use non-ASCII characters in web addresses ")?

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)