Re: [CDR Framework] i18n comment: Language identification for child documents

* François Yergeau wrote:
>"allow implementations to apply heuristics" sounds like a blank check to
>me, and antinomic to interoperability.  You don't want CDR browsers to
>behave randomly, do you?

Well, if there is no explicit language information you have to guess.
I don't see why guessing just based on the language of the referencing
element would necessarily give better results than guessing based on,
say, n-gram analysis, or why interoperable results are more important
than good results.