W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > October to December 2005

Minutes i18n core teleconf 2005-10-25

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:28:53 +0900
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.sy7mqfqkx1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec>

Hi all,

The minutes are at

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html

And as text in this mail. Richard, attention: we gave you an action item,  
see below action [49].

Best,

Felix

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                              i18n core wg

25 Oct 2005

    [2]Agenda

       [2]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005OctDec/0018.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Felix, Francois

    Regrets
           Karunesh, Richard, Vijay

    Chair
           Addison

    Scribe
           Felix

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Action items
          2. [6]LTLI
          3. [7]CSS responses
          4. [8]8. XLink and IRI (Norm's response and the problem that
             xs:anyURI relies on XLink 1.0) [$1\47]
          5. [9]6. EMMA Comments (10 minutes) [$1\47]
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Action items

    <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to ask the participants from cdac about timing
    of the meeting - should we keep it? [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    FS: ACTION: Felix to contact martin about css and IRI [recorded in
    [$1\47][12]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    (DONE) [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    ... ACTION: Felix to write to css wg that we consider a response to
    this comment [recorded in
    [$1\47][14]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    (DONE) [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action01
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action02

    <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to ping martin again on IRI [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    FS: ACTION: Felix still have to write request chard mod norm [DONE]

    [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action03

    will publish Thursday

    [18]http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2004/charmod1-lc/

      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2004/charmod1-lc/

    <fsasaki> [19]http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2002/charmod-lc/
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/

      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2002/charmod-lc/
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/

    need to update the lastcall document

    and check if the accepted items are implemented

    <fsasaki> ACTION: RI to go through
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/ , see if comments
    are implemented, change status [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/

    FS: ACTION: Create xml:lang Wiki page (pending) [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action04

    <scribe> ACTION: AP to make the xml:lang Wiki page [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    AP: ACTION: send email to WSCG about TP meeting [DONE]

    <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to work on ltli until next week [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

    IRI part: time schedule

    <fsasaki> ACTION: FS to try to get students at Keio to make test for
    IRI [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

LTLI

    WS-i18N

    ap to schedule meeting thursday

CSS responses

    <fsasaki>
    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/000
    0.html

      [27]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0000.html

    <fsasaki> original mail from Bjoern H.:
    [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005AprJun/
    0050

      [28]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005AprJun/0050

    <scribe> ACTION: ap analyze Bjoern's email for next week [recorded
    in [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action07]

    [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/000
    9.html

      [30]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0009.html

    their argument is that @font-face isn't implemented

    (our last argument is from 2003)

    <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to check mozilla, and IE, opera with font-face
    [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action08]

    [32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/001
    7.html

      [32]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0017.html

    Because CSS files almost always consist of mostly ASCII characters,

    UTF-8 is a more appropriate encoding for CSS files even in non-Latin

    contexts.

    <fsasaki> conclusing of i18n people during last discussion of the
    topic:
    [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-i18n-ig/2003Oct/0276.htm
    l

      [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-i18n-ig/2003Oct/0276.html

    no happy but don't care that much

    <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to send our answer about
    [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/001
    7.html to css wg [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action09]

      [34]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0017.html

8. XLink and IRI (Norm's response and the problem that xs:anyURI relies
on XLink 1.0) [$1\47]

    <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to reply to norm that the definition of IRI via
    xs:anyUri which relies on xlink 1.0 (not on IRI) is a problem which
    needs to be fixed [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action10]

6. EMMA Comments (10 minutes) [$1\47]

    BCP/STD numbers vs. RFC numbers

    take to architecture domain

    <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to bring bcp / RFC topic to arch domain
    [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action11]

    WG approves EMMA comments

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: ap analyze Bjoern's email for next week [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: AP to make the xml:lang Wiki page [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: fs to ask the participants from cdac about timing of
    the meeting - should we keep it? [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: fs to bring bcp / RFC topic to arch domain [recorded
    in [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action11]
    [NEW] ACTION: fs to check mozilla, and IE, opera with font-face
    [recorded in
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: fs to ping martin again on IRI [recorded in
    [43]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: fs to reply to norm that the definition of IRI via
    xs:anyUri which relies on xlink 1.0 (not on IRI) is a problem which
    needs to be fixed [recorded in
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action10]
    [NEW] ACTION: fs to send our answer about
    [45]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/001
    7.html to css wg [recorded in
    [46]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action09]
    [NEW] ACTION: FS to try to get students at Keio to make test for IRI
    [recorded in
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: fs to work on ltli until next week [recorded in
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: RI to go through
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/ , see if comments
    are implemented, change status [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [45]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0017.html
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [51]scribe.perl version 1.127
     ([52]CVS log)
     $Date: 2005/10/25 16:25:54 $

      [51] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 25 October 2005 16:29:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT