W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > October to December 2005

RE: Minutes i18n core teleconf 2005-10-25

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:19:19 +0100
To: "'Felix Sasaki'" <fsasaki@w3.org>, <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20051027161919.9DF244F087@homer.w3.org>

As far as I'm aware, http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/ is currently up to date.  The outstanding (red) items for charmod2 were never addressed. We were awaiting the modifications that Francois was working on before tackling them.

RI


============
Richard Ishida
W3C

http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
http://www.w3.org/International/
http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org] 
> Sent: 25 October 2005 17:29
> To: public-i18n-core@w3.org; Richard Ishida
> Subject: Minutes i18n core teleconf 2005-10-25
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> The minutes are at
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html
> 
> And as text in this mail. Richard, attention: we gave you an 
> action item, see below action [49].
> 
> Best,
> 
> Felix
> 
>     [1]W3C
> 
>        [1] http://www.w3.org/
> 
>                               i18n core wg
> 
> 25 Oct 2005
> 
>     [2]Agenda
> 
>        [2]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005OctDe
c/0018.html
> 
>     See also: [3]IRC log
> 
>        [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-irc
> 
> Attendees
> 
>     Present
>            Addison, Felix, Francois
> 
>     Regrets
>            Karunesh, Richard, Vijay
> 
>     Chair
>            Addison
> 
>     Scribe
>            Felix
> 
> Contents
> 
>       * [4]Topics
>           1. [5]Action items
>           2. [6]LTLI
>           3. [7]CSS responses
>           4. [8]8. XLink and IRI (Norm's response and the problem that
>              xs:anyURI relies on XLink 1.0) [$1\47]
>           5. [9]6. EMMA Comments (10 minutes) [$1\47]
>       * [10]Summary of Action Items
>       _________________________________________________________
> 
> Action items
> 
>     <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to ask the participants from cdac 
> about timing
>     of the meeting - should we keep it? [recorded in
>     [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
> 
>     FS: ACTION: Felix to contact martin about css and IRI [recorded in
>     
> [$1\47][12]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
>     (DONE) [recorded in
>     [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
>     ... ACTION: Felix to write to css wg that we consider a 
> response to
>     this comment [recorded in
>     
> [$1\47][14]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
>     (DONE) [recorded in
>     [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
> 
>       [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01
>       [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action01
>       [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02
>       [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action02
> 
>     <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to ping martin again on IRI [recorded in
>     [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
> 
>     FS: ACTION: Felix still have to write request chard mod 
> norm [DONE]
> 
>     [recorded in
>     [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
> 
>       [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action03
> 
>     will publish Thursday
> 
>     [18]http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2004/charmod1-lc/
> 
>       [18] http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2004/charmod1-lc/
> 
>     <fsasaki> 
> [19]http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2002/charmod-lc/
>     [20]http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/
> 
>       [19] http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2002/charmod-lc/
>       [20] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/
> 
>     need to update the lastcall document
> 
>     and check if the accepted items are implemented
> 
>     <fsasaki> ACTION: RI to go through
>     [21]http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/ , see if comments
>     are implemented, change status [recorded in
>     [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
> 
>       [21] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/
> 
>     FS: ACTION: Create xml:lang Wiki page (pending) [recorded in
>     [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
> 
>       [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action04
> 
>     <scribe> ACTION: AP to make the xml:lang Wiki page [recorded in
>     [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
> 
>     AP: ACTION: send email to WSCG about TP meeting [DONE]
> 
>     <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to work on ltli until next week [recorded in
>     [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
> 
>     IRI part: time schedule
> 
>     <fsasaki> ACTION: FS to try to get students at Keio to 
> make test for
>     IRI [recorded in
>     [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
> 
> LTLI
> 
>     WS-i18N
> 
>     ap to schedule meeting thursday
> 
> CSS responses
> 
>     <fsasaki>
>     
> [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/000
>     0.html
> 
>       [27]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0000.html
> 
>     <fsasaki> original mail from Bjoern H.:
>     
> [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005AprJun/
>     0050
> 
>       [28]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005AprJun/0050
> 
>     <scribe> ACTION: ap analyze Bjoern's email for next week [recorded
>     in [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action07]
> 
>     
> [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/000
>     9.html
> 
>       [30]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0009.html
> 
>     their argument is that @font-face isn't implemented
> 
>     (our last argument is from 2003)
> 
>     <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to check mozilla, and IE, opera with 
> font-face
>     [recorded in
>     [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action08]
> 
>     
> [32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/001
>     7.html
> 
>       [32]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0017.html
> 
>     Because CSS files almost always consist of mostly ASCII 
> characters,
> 
>     UTF-8 is a more appropriate encoding for CSS files even 
> in non-Latin
> 
>     contexts.
> 
>     <fsasaki> conclusing of i18n people during last discussion of the
>     topic:
>     
> [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-i18n-ig/2003Oct/0276.htm
>     l
> 
>       [33] 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-i18n-ig/2003Oct/0276.html
> 
>     no happy but don't care that much
> 
>     <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to send our answer about
>     
> [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/001
>     7.html to css wg [recorded in
>     [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action09]
> 
>       [34]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0017.html
> 
> 8. XLink and IRI (Norm's response and the problem that 
> xs:anyURI relies on XLink 1.0) [$1\47]
> 
>     <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to reply to norm that the definition 
> of IRI via
>     xs:anyUri which relies on xlink 1.0 (not on IRI) is a 
> problem which
>     needs to be fixed [recorded in
>     [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action10]
> 
> 6. EMMA Comments (10 minutes) [$1\47]
> 
>     BCP/STD numbers vs. RFC numbers
> 
>     take to architecture domain
> 
>     <fsasaki> ACTION: fs to bring bcp / RFC topic to arch domain
>     [recorded in
>     [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action11]
> 
>     WG approves EMMA comments
> 
> Summary of Action Items
> 
>     [NEW] ACTION: ap analyze Bjoern's email for next week [recorded in
>     [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action07]
>     [NEW] ACTION: AP to make the xml:lang Wiki page [recorded in
>     [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
>     [NEW] ACTION: fs to ask the participants from cdac about timing of
>     the meeting - should we keep it? [recorded in
>     [40]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
>     [NEW] ACTION: fs to bring bcp / RFC topic to arch domain [recorded
>     in [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action11]
>     [NEW] ACTION: fs to check mozilla, and IE, opera with font-face
>     [recorded in
>     [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action08]
>     [NEW] ACTION: fs to ping martin again on IRI [recorded in
>     [43]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
>     [NEW] ACTION: fs to reply to norm that the definition of IRI via
>     xs:anyUri which relies on xlink 1.0 (not on IRI) is a 
> problem which
>     needs to be fixed [recorded in
>     [44]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action10]
>     [NEW] ACTION: fs to send our answer about
>     
> [45]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/001
>     7.html to css wg [recorded in
>     [46]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action09]
>     [NEW] ACTION: FS to try to get students at Keio to make 
> test for IRI
>     [recorded in
>     [47]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action06]
>     [NEW] ACTION: fs to work on ltli until next week [recorded in
>     [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
>     [NEW] ACTION: RI to go through
>     [49]http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/ , see if comments
>     are implemented, change status [recorded in
>     [50]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/25-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
> 
>       [45]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0017.html
>       [49] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/charmod-lastcall2/
> 
>     [End of minutes]
>       _________________________________________________________
> 
> 
>      Minutes formatted by David Booth's [51]scribe.perl version 1.127
>      ([52]CVS log)
>      $Date: 2005/10/25 16:25:54 $
> 
>       [51] 
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>       [52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
> 
Received on Thursday, 27 October 2005 16:19:27 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT