W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > October to December 2005

2005-10-18 i18n core minutes

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:50:44 +0900
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.syumauw8x1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec>
Hi all,

the minutes of today's call are at

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html

and attached to this mail.

Best,

Felix
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n Core Working Group

18 Oct 2005

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005OctDec/0007.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Felix, Francois, Mary, Karunesh, Richard

   Regrets
          Addison

   Chair
          Felix

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]CharMod & IRI
         3. [7]LTLI
         4. [8]ws i18n
         5. [9]Other Business
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: ACTION: Felix to contact martin about css and IRI
   [recorded in
   [$1\47][11]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
   (DONE) [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to write to css wg that we consider a
   response to this comment [recorded in
   [$1\47][13]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
   (DONE) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix still have to write request chard mod norm
   (pending) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

   <scribe> ACTION: FS: Create xml:lang Wiki page (pending) [recorded
   in [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: AP to send email to WSCG about TP meeting (pending,
   should be done)

CharMod & IRI

   RI:Proposal for a editor list:

   Francois Yergeau, Invited Expert, formerly Alis Technologies

   Martin J. Durst (until Dec 2004), W3C

   Richard Ishida, W3C, formerly Xerox

   Addison Phillips, Invited Expert, formerly WebMethods

   Misha Wolf (until Dec 2002), Reuters Ltd.

   Tex Texin (until Dec 2004), XenCraft, Progress Software

   FS: what to do with these editors?

   RI: Micha and tex - should they be editors, or in the ack section?

   FY: maybe not as editors

   RI: but in the ack section, right?

   FY: yes
   ... there is a notion of editors and authors, right?

   RI: yes, but in the xmlspec dtd, you only have an element for
   authors
   ... we talked to the comm team, and they said that people who did
   participate for some time could be in the ack section
   ... should AP be an editor?

   FY: Did he edit the spec?

   RI: he did some work
   ... but only FY and me edited the spec

   FY: we had editing sessions together
   ... with Martin and AP

   RI: AP did some preparation, but no editing

   FS: Would it be o.k. to keep the whole list?

   FY: O.K. by me

   RI: o.k. by me
   ... another point: we included affiliation(s) information by the
   time somebody edited the working group
   ... e.g. "Martin" does not say "Aoyama ...", but "W3C", since he
   worked on the stuff while being at W3C
   ... the comm team did not talk about that specific topic so far,
   I'll talk to them later

   <scribe> ACTION: RI to talk to comm about editors / affiliations of
   specs; FS to publish charmod norm after that [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

LTLI

   fs: it's pending, will start as AP comes back

ws i18n

   Feedback from the architecture domain on ws i18n:

   using the extension mechanism of wsdl is better than features and
   properties, as the current wd of ws i18n proposes.

   features and properties might fall "out" of the CR draft of wsdl
   2.0.

   the open content model of wsdl 2.0 is less controverisal

   Mary: features and properties are now as a "word" with lower case
   ... not a normative term
   ... good to know that nobody is married to the "f & p" approach

   FS: any progress on the WD?

   Mary: I have not talked to AP during his journey
   ... we have a globalization architecture team at IBM
   ... we will meet them tomorrow, to see that the ws i18n approach
   fits into their architecture
   ... I will see who can participate in more meetings on the topic
   ... IBM thinks that i18n should work on ws policy; currently they
   work on security
   ... this week we just try to get people together
   ... I will also be at the tech plenary

   FS: so we can meet with the ws people

Other Business

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: RI to talk to comm about editors / affiliations of
   specs; FS to publish charmod norm after that [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Felix still have to write request chard mod norm
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: FS: Create xml:lang Wiki page [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to contact martin about css and IRI [recorded
   in
   [$1\47][21]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to write to css wg that we consider a response
   to this comment [recorded in
   [$1\47][23]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/18-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: AP to send email to WSCG about TP meeting
   (pending, should be done)
   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2005/10/18 15:46:12 $

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 18 October 2005 15:50:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT