Re: SVG12: RFC 3066 reference

On Monday, April 25, 2005, 12:47:44 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> * Chris Lilley wrote:
>>BH>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/struct.html section
>>BH> 5.8.5 states "The attribute value is a comma-separated list of language
>>BH> names as defined in [RFC3066]." This is inappropriate as RFC3066 is
>>BH> about to be obsoleted. Please change the draft such that it does not
>>BH> depend on soon to be obsoleted specifications.
>>
>>This comment would apply equally to XML, which also references RFC 3066.

BH> No it does not, XML 1.0 Third Edition clearly refers to RFC 3066 or its
BH> successor.

Yes, it does. Sorry, we misunderstood you to be saying "remove the ref
to 3066 and replace it with a ref to an ID" which we were, naturally,
unwilling to do.

Now that we understand what you are actually asking, we are happy to
agree and have updated the references to say 3066 "or its successor on
the IETF Standards Track".

Please let us know if this is not satisfactory, within two weeks.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG