RE: ACTION A-Redmond05-01: timezone health warning

Ashok et al,
Recommendation 2 still needs work. At present it reads as follows:

"2. Do not apply any operations based on date or time types (such as
indexing) if it is not certain that all of the data has zone offset
information or if all of the data does not have zone offset information."

The current wording specifies two conditions in which indexing should not
be done: (a) "if it is not certain that all of the data has zone offset
information", or (b) "if all of the data does not have zone offset
information."

I do not think that this is what you mean to say. It is quite reasonable
to index data under condition (b), in which all the data does not have
zone offset information.

I think you mean to say the following:

"2. Do not apply any operations based on date or time types (such as
indexing) to collections of data in which some data items have zone offset
information and other data items do not have zone offset information."

Please give this one more try.

Thanks,
--Don

Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Sent by: w3c-xsl-query-request@w3.org
09/13/2005 09:43 AM
Please respond to
ashok.malhotra

Addison Phillips <addison.phillips@quest.com>, Paul Cotton
<pcotton@microsoft.com>
cc
w3c-xsl-query@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org
Subject
RE: ACTION A-Redmond05-01: timezone health warning

The XML Query and the XSL WGs decided that the text on the Wiki page
was acceptable for publication as a note as long as a couple of changes
were made.  I have made the changes.

Can you publish the material as a note?  Please inform us when that is
done
and we will add the appropriate reference from the F&O.

All the best, Ashok