Re: Memo from ruby disucssion with Roland

On 02/23/2012 03:29 AM, Roland Steiner wrote:

> But then, tables and definition lists also don't ask to be alternatively rendered inline, with nice enclosing parentheses.

Rendering doesn't affect semantic associations in the markup, so I don't
see how adding a for= attribute makes anything better.

> > You've seen http://fantasai.inkedblade.__net/weblog/2011/ruby/ <http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/weblog/2011/ruby/>
> > right?
>

> The problem with the proposal there, from an implementation point of view is that it's hard to layout, esp. on line ends. For
> example, in a straight-forward layout:

I don't see how you can solve that concern without switching to a column-major model.

Agree, that's a good question. Don't have an answer yet. :)

~fantasai