Letter-by-letter (or syllable-by-syllable) (was RE: HTML5 and ruby

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:33:11 -0500
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, "CJK discussion (public-i18n-cjk@w3.org)" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
> 1. do we need rb for simple ruby, or will span suffice? (take into account the use case
> related to fallback)

Please find "Letter-by-letter" section of this page:
http://www.user.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/ruby-annotation.html

# Note that IE9 displays this correctly, while WebKit does not.

Fallback and inline doesn't work if we used HTML5 model. I also guess multiple rb and then multiple rt is required to do the correct shaping, but this part I'm not sure.

Regards,
Koji