Re: RDF Shapes has published shacl (Shapes Constraint Language) draft

hello dietrich.

On 2015-03-21 16:09, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
> Am 21.03.2015 um 14:13 schrieb Erik Wilde:
>> what i am crucially missing so far is any kind of wildcard mechanism,
>> which to me would be absolutely essential for a language for real-life
>> scenarios. maybe i am just not seeing them, if so, could somebody point
>> them out, please? thanks!
> Maybe sh:pattern is what you are looking for? It has no descriptive
> section yet, but the line which mentions it says:
> sh:pattern Regular expression string matching

i guess i should have been more clear. i wasn't talking about wildcards
in their regex sense of the word. more in the general sense to allow or
disallow certain structural aspects of the metamodel. you can think of
it in terms of controlling "namespace usage", if that's a concept you
can relate to.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/#Wildcards

for RDF, my assumption was that a useful schema language should be able
to have constraints about which vocabularies are used in a given RDF
graph, including more fine-grained controls of which might be allowed
where, and which ones i would like to specifically disallow.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |