Re: RDF Shapes has published shacl (Shapes Constraint Language) draft

Hi,

Am 21.03.2015 um 14:13 schrieb Erik Wilde:
> hello mike.
>
> On 2015-03-21 13:37, mca wrote:
>> Hmm... A bit of a cross between a schema and a WSDL.

>> Good for getting
>> details of a single implementation, but the reliance on cardinality and
>> enumerated types, etc. limits wide use beyond a single service
>> implementation.
>
> maybe this is the same comment i was making above in terms of a missing
> wildcard mechanism? if not, what else are you missing?

Alps makes it a point not to restrict possible values (such as pant
sizes S, M, L) on the level of application semantics and leave the exact
choices to a concrete serialization of a particular service resource,
i.e. a media-type which allows to do that (xhtml select options). The
argument is that an application-level profile should not restrict
possible values since it is a cross-service description, what can it
know about world-wide pants? (and robot skeletons, for that matter) ;-)

The way I want to use SHACL with jsonld is precisely that: say what this
service considers an acceptable request value for a resource in its
current status.

Best regards
Dietrich