Re: RDF Shapes has published shacl (Shapes Constraint Language) draft

hello mike.

On 2015-03-21 13:37, mca wrote:
> Hmm... A bit of a cross between a schema and a WSDL.

i am wondering where you see something WSDLish in SHACL. to me, it looks
like a pretty straightforward to look at a metamodel's concepts, and
then design a variety of features that can constrain data in ways that
hopefully make it most useful for real-life tasks.

what i am crucially missing so far is any kind of wildcard mechanism,
which to me would be absolutely essential for a language for real-life
scenarios. maybe i am just not seeing them, if so, could somebody point
them out, please? thanks!

> Good for getting
> details of a single implementation, but the reliance on cardinality and
> enumerated types, etc. limits wide use beyond a single service
> implementation.

maybe this is the same comment i was making above in terms of a missing
wildcard mechanism? if not, what else are you missing?

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |