Re: Naming style: camelCase or not? Plural or not? (#81)

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 09:02:29 +0100
To: Hydra <public-hydra@w3.org>
Hi Kévin,

> I'm working on implementing a JSON-LD+Hydra API. Some property's names follow the camelCase style and some other are all in lowercase.

I think we should normalize this ASAP.

> 	• entrypoint / readonly / writeonly (all in small caps)
> 	• statusCodes / supportedProperty / supportedOperation

CamelCase is what we want, I believe.

> A similar naming inconsistency appends with the plural form:
>
> 	• supportedClass / supportedOperation (singular)
> 	• statusCodes (plural)
> Is it intended?

Another issue has tracked the singularization of properties:
https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/25

This has been fully completed, with the exception of statusCodes,
because there were two properties statusCode and statusCodes:
https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/27
We agreed to remove statusCodes, so this shouldn't be an issue.
However, it still needs to be edited in the spec.

Best,