RE: Naming style: camelCase or not? Plural or not? (#81)

On 5 Jan 2015 at 09:02, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Hi Kévin,
>
>> I'm working on implementing a JSON-LD+Hydra API. Some property's names
follow the
> camelCase style and some other are all in lowercase.
>
> I think we should normalize this ASAP.
>
>> 	• entrypoint / readonly / writeonly (all in small caps)
>> 	• statusCodes / supportedProperty / supportedOperation
>
> CamelCase is what we want, I believe.

Entrypoint is debatable.. readonly and writeonly will be replaced with
readable and writable, see ISSUE-14 [1].

>> A similar naming inconsistency appends with the plural form:
>>
>> 	• supportedClass / supportedOperation (singular)
>> 	• statusCodes (plural)
>> Is it intended?

No, statusCodes will be dropped. See ISSUE-27 [2]

So, summarized, this is mostly due to a currently outdated spec.

[1] https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/14
[2] https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/27