Re: A New Element

Correct me if my assumption is wrong Leo, but I think you're saying this:

</*>
The wildcard closes the paragraph and div tags that are unclosed, thus
eliminating the need for the closing tags.

The problem I would see would be with nesting. For example:

</*>

Could be either two divs in sequence, or two divs nested within one
another. Who determines which one it is? And if we change the logic to make
that assumption than why have the wildcard closer at all? It seems like we
could just go with opening tags only, and then assume that if there's a new
opening tag then the last one is closed... but again, what if I want to
nest them?

Overall, I think it would introduce an unmanageable level of complex
variation.

-Greg