Re: A New Element

On 20.05.15 01:07, Leo Wilson wrote:
> I think you should in you next recommendation you
> should include a “</*>” element that would close all elements except
> for head, body, and html elements.  This would help, …

Leo, in which situation would that help? Why would, say, <b>…</*> be
better than <b>…</b>?

Or do you mean that it would save authors time because they can quickly
close open elements without checking what the open elements are? But if
they don't check, how do they know they want to close these elements at
that point?

> … and would also
> encourage proper syntax with the closing of elements, one thing that
> HTML 5 doesn’t absolutely require to operate without errors.

I'm not sure I understand this. How would it encourage proper closing? I
suspect that a new wildcard closing tag would rather encourage people to
stop using the most proper, readable tag that uses the same name as the
element's opening tag.

An example may help to illustrate your idea. Can you please provide one?

Thanks, Martin