Re: A successor to framesets

From: Eihab Ibrahim <eihabibrahim@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 00:53:23 -0700
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Sean Hogan <shogun70@gmail.com>
Hi Sean,

It's a bit too early in the US for April fools' jokes, and I do not think this is an appropriate platform for it.

Respectfully,

Eihab

On Mar 31, 2015, at 10:56 PM, Sean Hogan <shogun70@gmail.com> wrote:

HTML framesets were the original single-page-application.

Despite the flaws (mostly not being content-first), at least servers
were emitting reasonably simple HTML including real hyperlinks and
forms.

What would framesets be like if we designed them today?

In the linked video I make the case for a successor to framesets.
It is 25 minutes but that is unavoidable.

   https://youtu.be/qVdAc8_ppao

The first half illustrates *why* this is important / better than alternatives,
with actual demonstrations (which you should try for yourself to
ensure I'm not cheating).

The second half provides some insight into how I've approached this,
again with demonstrations.

I'll continue later with details of the differences / enhancements
required to make the frameset concept live up to today's expectations.

regards,
Sean