A successor to framesets

From: Sean Hogan <shogun70@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 16:56:20 +1100
To: public-html@w3.org
HTML framesets were the original single-page-application.

Despite the flaws (mostly not being content-first), at least servers
were emitting reasonably simple HTML including real hyperlinks and
forms.

What would framesets be like if we designed them today?

In the linked video I make the case for a successor to framesets.
It is 25 minutes but that is unavoidable.

    https://youtu.be/qVdAc8_ppao

The first half illustrates *why* this is important / better than alternatives,
with actual demonstrations (which you should try for yourself to
ensure I'm not cheating).

The second half provides some insight into how I've approached this,
again with demonstrations.

I'll continue later with details of the differences / enhancements
required to make the frameset concept live up to today's expectations.

regards,
Sean