Re: Google and MPEG LA Announce Agreement Covering VP8 Video Format

From: Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@ping.de>
Date: 8 Mar 2013 23:43:16 +0100
To: "Glenn Adams" <glenn@skynav.com>
Cc: "Steve Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "HTMLWG WG" <public-html@w3.org>
Glenn Adams:
>> We anticipate having the terms of our sublicense ready in the next few
>> weeks. When those terms are ready we will blog about them here, so watch
>> this space."
>> http://blog.webmproject.org/2013/03/vp8-and-mpeg-la.html
>
> who is "we"?

I thought that it is well-known that the blog is published by Google.

>> (But we still need to protect the open web against DRM ;-)
>
> no we don't (please take your crusade elsewhere, as this ML is not an
> appropriate forum)

We seem to have different opinions on what a crusade is and even if we
did we certainly would have different opinions regarding who - if anyone
- is comparable to crusaders. Next time you use such a comparison please
first inform yourself what you are comparing people with:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

Cheers,
Andreas