From: Leif Halvard Silli [mailto:xn--mlform-iua@målform.no]
Sent: 04 February 2013 13:18
To: Steve Faulkner
Cc: HTMLWG WG
Subject: Re: proposal: clarification of nav element

Steve,

the blog post says that to blind users, it is often better if list elements
are not used as navigation link containers. If that is a real issue, and
*that* is the message you want to send, then, explaining (in some other part
of the spec) about <ul role="presentation">, seems just as relevant, since I
doubt that authors are going to stop using lists for navigation.

Speaking personally, then for a while I thought that <nav> was a list
up with <menu>. But I have never thought that <nav> was "list container
container".

Leif

Steve Faulkner, Mon, 4 Feb 2013 13:09:54 +0000: