(unknown charset) Re: proposal: clarification of nav element

From: (unknown charset) Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 14:18:29 +0100
To: (unknown charset) Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: (unknown charset) HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Steve,

the blog post says that to blind users, it is often better if list
elements are not used as navigation link containers. If that is a real
issue, and *that* is the message you want to send, then, explaining (in
some other part of the spec) about <ul role="presentation">, seems just
as relevant, since I doubt that authors are going to stop using lists
for navigation.

Speaking personally, then for a while I thought that <nav> was a list
it up with <menu>. But I have never thought that <nav> was "list
container container".

Leif

Steve Faulkner, Mon, 4 Feb 2013 13:09:54 +0000: