Re: proposal: clarification of nav element

Steve,

the blog post says that to blind users, it is often better if list
elements are not used as navigation link containers. If that is a real
issue, and *that* is the message you want to send, then, explaining (in
some other part of the spec) about <ul role="presentation">, seems just
as relevant, since I doubt that authors are going to stop using lists
for navigation.

Speaking personally, then for a while I thought that <nav> was a list
it up with <menu>. But I have never thought that <nav> was "list
container container".

Leif

Steve Faulkner, Mon, 4 Feb 2013 13:09:54 +0000: