RE: Proposal: use images in examples

Hmm. Are you asking for the HTML5 spec source to support an HTML5-introduced spec concept (i.e., use the feature in the source for the spec)? That seems a bit unusual to me... Or are you asking for a pictorial representation of a concept? (The latter sounds like an excellent suggestion, as 1 picture = 1000 words-so they say.)

From: Steve Faulkner [mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 4:23 AM
To: HTMLWG WG
Subject: Proposal: use images in examples

Hi all,

In HTML 5.1

In cases where images are an important part of a code example, I think it would be beneficial to authors understanding of element use to add an example of the image/elements in context reflecting the current code examples.

For example, in the section on the use of the figure element [1] images could be added like they are in the alt text guidance doc [2]

thoughts?

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/grouping-content.html#the-figure-element
[2] http://dev.w3.org/html5/alt-techniques/#nested

--