Re: Is the current definition of the article element in HTML useful?

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:21:48 +0100, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chaals,
>
>> Yes. Likewise for search engines (and probably other systems that try
>> to process web content), people using the article element in this way
>> is actually helpful.
>
> can you give us some insight on how it would be more useful for a serach
> engine than using a list to markup comments?
>
> for example:
>
> [...]

<article>

<h1> my blog post</h1>

<article>
<h2> comments</h2>
href="http://my.yandex.ru/chaals">chaals</a>.</p>
comments are more than a single paragraph and a lot of comment systems
allow some basic structured content:</p>
<ul>
<li>Inline formatting
<li>Lists of different types
<li>some linking, images, etc
</ul>
begins as if they were grouped and nested by articles.</p>
someone else. It's true that we are not going to get really fantastic
markup all the time. Whatever users can do will be riddled with errors,
even when we make it clear that doing it right gives good SEO (which for
most users seems to be an even better motivation than actually allowing
people to use their content).</p>
implies, of course.</p>
means I would have to shift it to some magic metadata tagging. In the
public web people seem to think this is less likely to work - and I am
inclined overall to agree with them. If this were marked up as articles,
it would be easier to collapse stuff or know when to do so for a
user...</p>
a nested list is within a single conceptual lumpofstuff or is a framework
delineating one lumpofstuff from a different lumpofstaff.</p>
</article>
</article>

cheers