Re: maincontent element

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> On 11.9.2012 10:46, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>
>> Providing ARIA roles is explicit accessibility markup, while
>> <article>, <menu> etc provide implicit accessibility markup. The
>> latter does not require people to think about accessibility when they
>> are developing their pages and the Website becomes "automatically"
>> accessible. Instead of having to teach everyone ARIA roles, which is a
>> non-goal for me.
>
> That's true. On the other shouldn't be everything inside <body> except

That's the real question, indeed.

Or asked the other way around: is it possible to mark up a page such
that everything that is not main content can be contained in an
existing "semantic" tag or do we still have the need to create our
pages/applications with many <div> elements? If the latter is true,
then it can make sense to pick one <div> as the one to start reading
at.

Silvia.