Re: Alt-Techniques Formal Objection Rationale

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 08:14:15 -0500
To: public-html@w3.org
CC: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
On 11/19/2012 07:19 AM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> At the HTML F2F, I was asked to provide rationale for my previously
> filed formal objection to "HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text
> alternatives" (alt-techniques).

At TPAC, there was also discussion of an alternative path to
resolution[1].  Repeating what I previously stated[2], in case it was
overlooked due to the subject line:

If the Formal Objections on this matter[3] are not withdrawn, they will
be forwarded for consideration by the Director as we proceed to CR.  If
they are withdrawn, we will proceed with the Working Group decision
process[4] on this matter.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/02-html-wg-minutes.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0141.html