Re: Revert request

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:36:25 -0400
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
CC: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
On 03/13/2012 06:21 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:

[snipped an excellent reply]

> If aria-describedat had any sort of distinction or additional semantic,
> it might even point to a different location than the longdesc would.
> Additionally, redundancy might help readers as they cycle through
> aria-describedat labeled items.

If an aria-describedAt were to be proposed, you might be asked to
provide detail of the use cases that this solves.  But that's putting
the cart before the horse.  First we need to clearly establish if there
is work on such a proposal, and what such a proposal would include.

> -Charles

- Sam Ruby