Re: Encrypted Media proposal: Summary of the discussion so far

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 16:37:02 -0600
To: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, David Dorwin <ddorwin@google.com>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "<public-html@w3.org>" <public-html@w3.org>
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:

> You both may be getting confused between 'out of scope of the
> specification' (and so of the Patent Policy) and 'out of scope of this
> discussion'.
>

> CDMs, except clearkey, are clearly out of scope of the specification *as
> currently proposed*, but clearly not out of scope of this discussion.

I don't think I'm confused, because I am not talking about "this
discussion", but about what is specified by the W3C and how the W3C PP
applies to such specifications.

Since by definition, this discussion is about what the W3C specifies, I'm
not sure this ML is the right place to discuss what the W3C does not
specify. Others may differ.