Re: <style scoped> and the cascade

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:41 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 3/8/12 7:27 AM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>>
>> Why is the priority of the !important rules reversed?
>

> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0228.html the
> paragraph starting "Of course".
>
> I don't feel too strongly about the exact way we handle !important rules
> here, honestly, but it seemed like this would give the most flexible
> behavior.....

As a use case I see widgets that a Web dev pulls from somewhere else
and where he/she doesn't want to change the code, but override it with
some common styling for the Web page. In this case, !important from a
global declaration would be usable to override the local scope.

FWIW: I like this idea.

Silvia.