Re: Request to Reconsider Alt Guidance Location

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 08:56:39 -0800
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Hi leif,

"My advice is to drop this CP and instead use the energy to focus on the
remaining IMG related issues we have, including @longdesc."

I am sure the taskforce will consider your advice at the earliest
possible opportunity.

>As result, there will be nil -
> zero - normative requirements -

no there will be the machine checkable requirements
presence or lack of the alt attribute.

regards
stevef

On 26 February 2012 08:13, Leif Halvard Silli

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG