Re: Request to Reconsider Alt Guidance Location

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 08:48:11 -0500
To: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
CC: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
On 02/26/2012 08:12 AM, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

> If not, I'll guess I'll need to ask the Chairs what textual changes
> they would require to HTML WG deliverables if they accepted the
> proposal and decide how to proceed on the basis of their
> interpretation.

I just want to remind everybody that the current state of the issue is
closed.  The goal of the current discussion is to determine whether or
not to reopen the issue on the basis of New Information.

To date, this request has been made twice:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0139.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0299.html

And both times, the chairs have not found sufficient new information to
merit reopening the issue:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Feb/0121.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0293.html

I do believe that this discussion has identified a number of additional
items that those who might want to submit this request a third time
should seriously consider addressing before they choose to do so.

- Sam Ruby