Re: Request to Reconsider Alt Guidance Location

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:44:54 -0600
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Cc: HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Hi Leif and Janina,

Leif wrote:
> At any rate: The document 'HTML5 techniques for providing useful text
> alternatives' remains a HTML5 specific document. Why else should the
> HTML working group be co-responsible for it?

I think that may be a point of confusion.

Janina, it might be helpful to clarify how the HTML 5 Techniques for
WCAG 2.0 Task Force [1] is or is not involved in all of this.

Does the Change Proposal statement, "Make 'HTML5 techniques for
providing useful text alternatives' a WAI/HTML WG deliverable"
actually mean:

* A "WAI AND HTML WG deliverable",  Or does it mean
* "WAI's HTML Task Force's deliverable"

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Laura