Re: ISSUE-197: accept-file-ext - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:00:27 -0800
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org LIST" <public-html@w3.org>
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> 'Accept attribute should allow file extensions in addition to the current
> allowed values'
> The current status for this issue:

> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-197
>
> So far, we have one Change Proposal submitted:
>
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Accept_Attribute_with_File_extensions

Do we have implementation experience for this one yet? The proposed change
seems more or less in line with the change I expect will be made for bug
15607 if implementation experience shows that we need support for both MIME
types and extensions, but currently I have no data to make that assumption.

(BTW what happened to comment 11 on bug 11482? It was the closest thing we
had to data on this, but the comment seems to have been deleted somehow?)

--
Ian Hickson