Re: Split Issue 30? (was: Chair review of "Keep Longdesc Deprecated" Change Proposal)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 07:34:17 -0600
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, public-html@w3.org
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012, Jonas Sicking wrote:

>> 1. Should ARIA attributes be allowed to point to @hidden elements.
>> 2. Should @longdesc be marked as obsolete.
>>
>> However it seems like issue 2 depends on issue 1. I.e. the case for
>> marking longdesc as obsolete is stronger if ARIA is allowed to point
>> to hidden elements.
>>
>> Would it be possible to ensure that we decide on 1 before we poll on
>> 2?

The more I think about this, the more it just doesn't seem right.

It seems that splitting off and then re-ordering issues as proposed
above is to be used as a scheme to strengthen the effort to kill off
longdesc.

Therefore, I object and ask to have the poll run concurrently on all proposals.

All of my cards are on the table. No tricks are up my sleeve. I hope
the same it true of others.

Let's have the poll fair and square and decide this thing without further delay.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2012, I wrote:

> People have had seven years

Sorry. Typo. Should have been "several years"

Best Regards,
Laura
--
Laura L. Carlson