RE: Adaptive images

Images would be in the content/HTML, but the choice of which one would be in the CSS....

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Dubost [mailto:karld@opera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:10 AM
To: Leonard Rosenthol
Cc: Henri Sivonen; public-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Adaptive images

Le 31 mai 2011 à 07:41, Leonard Rosenthol a écrit :
> But in that case, you'd need to reconnect back to the server for the entire page when the user rotated the device.  On some devices and some networks, that's extremely cost($$) and/or time prohibitive.

I'm not sure I understand.  You just need to use media-queries for rotation. In this discussion, the headers are not meant to replace mediaqueries, but to give a hint of what kind of resources are available.
The issue with putting everything in the CSS is that we would make it a content language instead of style, a kind of funny history ;)
HTML (content+style) -> HTML (content) + CSS (style) -> HTML (content) + CSS (content+style).

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/