Re: Adaptive images

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:09:35 -0400
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>

Le 31 mai 2011 à 07:41, Leonard Rosenthol a écrit :
> But in that case, you'd need to reconnect back to the server for the entire page when the user rotated the device.  On some devices and some networks, that's extremely cost($$) and/or time prohibitive.

I'm not sure I understand.  You just need to use media-queries for rotation. In this discussion, the headers are not meant to replace mediaqueries, but to give a hint of what kind of resources are available.
The issue with putting everything in the CSS is that we would make it a content language instead of style, a kind of funny history ;)
HTML (content+style) -> HTML (content) + CSS (style) -> HTML (content) + CSS (content+style).

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/