ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:01:01 -0400
To: HTML WG LIST <public-html@w3.org>
'Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images'

The current status for this issue:

This issue was reopened on March 2nd 2011:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0037.html

We have a single Change Proposal to include longdesc in HTML5:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc

At this time the Chairs would also like to solicit alternate Change
Proposals (possibly with "zero edits" as the Proposal Details), in case
anyone would like to advocate the status quo or a different change than
the specific one in the existing Change Proposal.

The following Change Proposal can be resubmitted, but we strongly urge
it to be updated to reflect the new information provided before doing so:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0393.html

If no counter-proposals or alternate proposals are received by June
25th, 2011, we will proceed to evaluate the Change Proposal that we have
received to date.

- Sam Ruby