Re: interface for providing public comments on last call working drafts

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 20:32:03 +0100
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
On 23/05/11 18:09, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> 1) open up Bugzilla's ability to take e-mail input - at least from
> members of W3. (This could, perhaps, be counted as "an additional front
> end".)
> 2) edit the e-mail templates of Bugzilla so they are more accessible

As a Bugzilla developer I can confirm that this is entirely possible.
(The language is Template Toolkit - tt2.org).

> 5) for message from public-html, there is an archived-at: URL header,
> which allows easy access to the online version, if that version for
> some reason is more accessible. However, for messages from bugzilla,
> there is no such archived-at: header (unless the message is also sent
> to another list than public-html-bugzilla - e.g. if a copy is sent to
> public-a11y@)

If such a header could be calculated programmatically by Bugzilla,
adding it to the email is also simply a matter of editing the templates.

Gerv