Re: Option 3

On 03/23/2011 09:03 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 3/23/11 8:18 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> The current position of the Mozilla Foundation[1] allows "MIT, BSD, and
>> similar permissive licenses".
>
> Yes, that's the guideline (think of it as an informative statement in a
> spec). The "normative" requirement, for any license not already in use
> in our code, is to have licensing at mozilla.org examine it and decide
> whether it's "permissive" per the above.

Would it be possible to get licensing at mozilla.org to examine this
license?  I ask as I am unaware of MIT or BSD meeting the criteria that
Jonas suggests[1], and would expect that Mozilla would apply consistent
reasoning in this case.  Getting an explicit ruling (either way, it
matters not) would be most helpful.

> -Boris

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0524.html