Re: Normative status of author-only view of the HTML5 specification

Hi Jirka,

On Jun 12, 2011, at 1:46 AM, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> On 12.6.2011 3:25, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
>> Let's get this thread back to focusing on the HTML5 author-only view and what kind of text we may put in its status section, as that is a topic that's actually on-topic here.
>
> With all due respect, growing divergence between W3C and WHATWG version
> of specifications is much larger problem then finding proper wording
> about (non)normativeness of author-only view of spec.
>
> Of course W3C HTML WG has no control over WHATWG spec. But W3C initially
> made some deal with WHATWG at the time when HTML development was started
> back again at W3C. Also if I'm not mistaken all forming members of
> WHATWG are also W3C members. I would still like to hear from these
> people what they want to do to stop such divergence or if they are happy
> with such divergence.

There are many great forums to have that conversation. I'm aware of some recent discussions within the AC and some private discussions going. It also seems like a good general w3c topic, for a list like www-archive. But I'd like to ask that we not overdo it here, beyond what is relevant to the HTML5 author-only draft.

Regards,
Maciej