Re: CfC: close ISSUE-125 charset-vs-quotes by amicable resolution

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:29:27 +0100
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:35:44 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> If we accept that the rules should be the same as in HTTP we should just
> reference HTTP instead so it is more clear the same code path can be
> used.

I have now tested the Content-Type header in HTTP and it appears the
majority of distinct browser engines supports single quotes there. Given
that single quotes and double quotes can be used interchangeably all over
the Web Platform changing HTTP would be a far more pragmatic way forward
here I think.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/